I’m Gill – a mentor, trainer and editor and founder of Inkpots.
Inkpots Mentoring sessions offer young people a safe space – both online and face-to-face – to be themselves. It’s a chance to gather thoughts, gain confidence and dream big. I also work with those who support young people in schools and colleges, and the wider community.
Our mentoring manifesto:
We believe that:
- Every young person deserves the opportunity to flourish and thrive.
- Young people need space to explore their feelings and creativity in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
- The voices and wishes of young people should always be heard loud and clear.
- If a young person doesn’t feel safe in a mentoring environment, it’s impossible for them to relax and share their thoughts.
- Trust between a mentor and mentee is crucial – without this, a good mentoring relationship will not develop.
- Creativity is fundamental to wellbeing and needs to be encouraged and harnessed.