In the second post in this series, Sarah from our London Meed group has written about why Florence Nightingale inspires her:
The things I like about Florence Nightingale:
- She never gave up;
- She changed the history of nursing;
- She grew up rich and still helped the poor;
- She would not take no for an answer;
- She heard a voice from God.
What I know about Florence Nightingale:
- Her nickname was ‘lady of the lamp’ when she was a nurse;
- Her mother’s name was Fanny;
- Her father’s name was William;
- Her sister’s nickname was ‘Parthe’;
- Florence’s nickname at home was ‘Flo’.